[Kroupware] Web interface frontend

Lutz Badenheuer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 15:36:34 +0200

Hi Brad,

Am Freitag, 4. Oktober 2002 07:22 schrieb Brad Hards:
> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:58, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > this concept with super scalability (via dns names,
> > everything in ldap, create config files via templates)
> > is not necessary for 99% of all configurations,
> > but adds to complexity.
>
> Discussion of scalability completely and totally misses the
> original point that I was trying to make.
>
> The goal was that it was _easy_ to configure. This means - the user
> starts their email client for the first time, and it all just
> works.

Sorry, but we're not talking about users, but on the possibility to
create an interface to LDAP, being able to store configuration data
for the several servers therein and some 30-line Perl scripts that
dumps server's config files out of and into information in LDAP.

Email users are not involved, neither are email clients.

Kind regards,
Lutz

--
Lutz Badenheuer     | IT--Consulting, Development, Networksolutions
luke@the-web-ac.com | C/C++, OO-Perl, sh | Linux, SCO UNIX, Solaris