[Kroupware] Pre-Alpha Release of Kolab Server

Gary Traffanstedt kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:44:31 -0700

On Friday 04 October 2002 03:15 am, Martin Konold scribbled something abo=
ut:
> Hi,
>
> as we announce before we intend to make an alpha release of the kolab
> server this week.
>
> For this purpose we are looking for 2-3 people willing to do a pre-alph=
> installation so that we are able to iron out any obvious flaws.
>
> I expect these pre-alpha testers to be able to compile the kroupware_br=
anch
> from KDE cvs and be familiar with Linux.
>
> We initially intend to be able to support the following server platform=
> for the kolab server
>
> Debian testing
> Debian 3.0 (stable)
> SuSE 7.3
> SuSE 8.1
>
> We explicitly will not support Redhat Linux initially!
=09And this is because of what? Seeing as how RedHat is the dominant flav=
or o'=20
Linux, I'm wondering why it would not be the first distro that you would =
want=20
to support? I use Mandrake for my desktop but all of the servers I work o=
n=20
run RedHat. Are there significant differences in the way RedHat does thin=
gs=20
that will require additional work on your part to get Kolab to work corre=
ctly=20
in a RedHat environment?

Regards,
-Gary