[Kroupware] Web interface frontend

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:24:45 +0200

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 08:04 am, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

Hi,

> but for ldap i like the direct access, as ldap can replicate
> quite easy and thus provide a high available solution.

You do not loose this functionality at all with Tassilos proposal.

> config file idea out there, for that approach it might be usefull to
> adapt one of them.

Yes. Do you know which is best? I checked several and liked none sofar.

> i personaly do not see the advantage of storing data
> in ldap, when it is later processed to config files.

Just think about the general advantage of using multiple tier architectur=
es.

> my personal view of ldap is: its a store for public data.
> if my data is not public, i better not put it into ldap.
> userpassword is ok as an excemption.

I do not share this view.

> small addon: you need also imap, so you can create mailboxes
> and manage permissions on mailboxes. i don't know if it is
> possible to store that data in ldap and then somehow phase out
> to imap, but i suggest not to.

Why not? Basically think of multiple implementations of the GUI frontend.=
 E.g.=20
a KDE program...

Regards,
--martin
Germanenstrasse 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de