[Kroupware] random thoughts

konold@erfrakon.de kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:25:07 +0100 (CET)

On 23 Nov 2002, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

Hi Andreas,

> I wonder about all these strange paths in the source?

Please read the server documentation on http://kroupware.kde.org.
You will then understand why we dont integrate at all into the linux fs
but chose another valid approach.

> Still I hope they are meant to be only temporary - stuff
> like /var/postfix  or /kolab.

Everything is located under a prefix like /usr/local/kolab or /kolab.

> i don't exactly understand why a mailserver might flush the ip tables.
> Still there is a script to do that in kolab.

This was a temporary (and meanwhile removed) hack to disable non
secure legacy modes from the webinterface without restarting everything.

> not even for testing (i shudder everytime i see a ssl server configured
> for the "Snakeoil" company).

Feel free to send us a script (prefered perl) which creates openssl
certificates which work with _all_ components of the kolab server. In
general the idea of provide example certificates is that we want to make
the initial setup as easy as possible. Creating proper certificates is non
trivial for a lot of people.

Regards,
-- martin

Germanenstra=DFe 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de