[Kroupware] use of a different LDAP Server possible?

konold@erfrakon.de kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 00:07:48 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Florian Hurlebaus wrote:

Hi Florian,

> Is openLDAP needed for Kroupware or can it be any LDAP Server like Sun ON=
> Diriectory Server or any other?

Any LDAP v3 compliant server is suitable.

> Does Kroupware need any "special" LDAP configuration only OpenLDAP can
> provide

No.

> or can I just edit a config file and the authentication runs against a
> diffrent LDAP server?

Yes.

> I'm asking because I already have Sun ONE
> DirServer and probably would like to use Kroupware without an additional
> LDAP server.

It was an intial design goal to be able to integrate into existing LDAP
infrastructures.

Regards,
-- martin

Germanenstra=DFe 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de