[Kroupware] kroupware - kde 3.2 ??

Cornelius Schumacher kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 17:03:33 +0100

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 15:51, Bo Thorsen wrote:

> So far we have come to the conclusion that as much as possible will be
> merged right after HEAD opens again. Then kroupware_branch will hold the
> korg-in-kmail code only (hopefully) since this is probably the only thing
> not acceptable.

As I just wrote in another email, there are a lot of other issues which have
to be resolved before merging.

> Most of the other kroupware stuff is not coupled directly to kmail so this
> should be readily mergeable with the Kaplan approach.

That's also my impression.

> The one task we have in kroupware now is stability - we need production
> quality. And it will most likely be too high a risk to merge what we have
> and then switch to Kaplan now. As long as Kaplan requires make_it_cool
> stuff, this part will definately not be done.

Sure. Doesn't this also mean that it would be better to do the merge when the
kroupware_branch has been released?

> BTW, the reason we chose the present approach over kaplans was that we
> knew we could do this. Kaplans approach was much harder to find out if it
> could be made to work within the short time frame we had since it
> required larger fundamental changes. I think all of us kroupware people
> actually agree that Kaplan looks and feels more natural.

I understand your reasons for choosing the present approach, but it's very
nice to hear that we finally seem to all agree about how integration of the
clients should be done. This of course means some more work, but I think this
is well invested.