[Kroupware] kroupware - kde 3.2 ??

Cornelius Schumacher kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:53:32 +0100

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 07:47, Martin Konold wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 01:23 am, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Monday 04 November 2002 18:35, konold@erfrakon.de wrote:
> >
> > > It is definelty clear that we intend to integrate/merge kroupware
> > > with KDE head as soon as possible. It is my understanding that this
> > > is done best after KDE 3.1 got released.
> >
> > We should take the time to do this properly. As KDE 3.2 currently is far
> > away there is no need to hurry. But I agree that we should start at
> > least with discussing how to do the merge as soon as possible.
>
> I agree with you that we should start very soon. On the other hand I am not
> so keen on discussing to many fundamental architecture/design decissions
> because imho it is very important to get a generally usable kolab client
> very soon.

That would mean to wait with the merge, wouldn't it? Merging the branch into
HEAD will not help with getting a stable client.

> Due to the fact that Kalle et al. tried to seperate kroupware stuff from
> general KM/KO stuff wherever reasonable the merge should be rather straight
> forward.

There are a lot of things that don't fit into HEAD, e.g. duplicated code like
the KNotes stuff, conflicting changes like the todo editor patch I just
commented in another mail, code not adhering to the coding conventions,
architectural divergences like the Korganizer/KMail integration etc. There is
also a licence/maintenance issue with the Gantt library, because it isn't
maintained in the KDE CVS.

I think we have to resolve all these problems in the branch before it can be
merged. Dumping this stuff into HEAD and resolving problems later isn't an
option.

This would mean that we either have to wait until the kroupware_branch is
released or to create a subbranch of the kroupware_branch.

> BTW: We still need a name for the client. Someone proposed koala which I
> personally like pretty much. What do you think?

What client do you want to rename, KMail?