[Kroupware] Trial run with kmail and outlook bynari plugin

Henning Holtschneider kroupware@mail.kde.org
30 Dec 2002 18:21:54 +0100

Am Son, 2002-12-29 um 02.15 schrieb Henning Holtschneider:

> I can do anonymous FTP to the Kolab server. Outlook connects to the server
> but it doesn't store anything there. I will try to debug this later.

Ok, I've now tried the following configurations:

Outlook 2000 SR-1 on Windows 98, FTP and HTTP (WebDAV?) mode: OK 1)
Outlook 2000, 2000 SR-1, 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000, HTTP: NOT OK
Outlook XP on Windows 2000. HTTP: OK

	1) OL2k on Windows 98 (SE) will start the Web Publishing Wizard 	but it
fails to upload anything in HTTP mode; presumably because 	it tries to
POST into the .vfb file (no WebDAV mode? Web Folders 	under Windows 98
work just fine, though). The upload works using 	the Publishing Wizard's
FTP mode.

OL2K in Windows 2000 does not try to publish its free/busy list. I've
tried three Windows/Office 2000 installations with different Internet
Explorers, Office versions etc. with no luck.

OL2K is also unable to fetch other users' free/busy information from the
server under Windows 2000. An error message pops up ("Allgemeiner
Fehler") and OL2K doesn't even try to access the web server.

The only Windows-based client that works as expected is Outlook XP. Both
the free/busy publishing and free/busy check for other users works as
expected :-/

> BTW, if you are scheduling a meeting with someone who has never connected
> to the free/busy service, you will get an error message from Outlook
> complaining about the missing vcf file. I think the Kolab server should
> place an empty file in the freebusy directory so that the users don't get
> confused by Outlook's error message.

I found out that this error message doesn't have anything to do with the
server because OLXP behaves correctly (i.e. shows a hatched bar).

Note: I think the documentation at
http://kolab.kde.org/concept-1.0.1/c493.html is wrong because it
specifies the file extension as ".vcf" which is the extension for
addresses/business cards. The iCal file extension should be ".vfb".

Regards,
hh