[Kroupware] [Announcement] Kroupware/Kaplan hack fest

Marc Mutz kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:56:09 +0100

--Boundary-02=_qVNB+AM2hyDlIwG

Hi!

We would like to announce that the Kroupware Project organizes a hack=20
fest on the first weekend in January 2003 at Intevation GmbH in=20
Osnabr=FCck, Germany.

The aim of the meeting is to port the current Kolab client[1] to the=20
Kaplan framework and merge the result into CVS HEAD.

To have short decision paths and good on-site expertise, we have invited=20
some of the developers of involved applications (mainly KAddressBook,=20
Kaplan, KOrganizer and KMail) to participate. We are glad that every=20
one of them managed to attend.

We regret that space[2] and money[3] constraints force us to limit the=20
number of invitations sent out; but we also believe that throwing more=20
developers at the task wouldn't result in port and merge be done=20
faster.

The list of attendees is as follows:

from the Kroupware Project:
=2D Kalle Dalheimer (attends as time permits)
=2D David Faure
=2D Steffen Hansen
=2D Marc Mutz
=2D Bernhard Reiter
=2D Lutz Rogowski
=2D Bo Thorsen
=2D Karl-Heinz Zimmer

from the KDE-PIM and KMail developers:
=2D Ingo Kl=F6cker (for KMail)
=2D Tobias Koenig (for KAddressBook, PIM in general)
=2D Daniel Molkentin (for Kaplan)
=2D Don Sanders (for Kaplan)
=2D Cornelius Schumacher (for KOrganizer, PIM in general)
=2D G=FCnter Schwann (for KOrganizer group scheduling)

We announce this in advance to take advantage of possible input from the=20
Community, esp. contributors from overseas. If someone has any comment=20
on the matter, don't hesitate to post it to kroupware@kde.org, where=20
also replies to this announcement should go, if any.

However, please understand that this is a Kroupware Project meeting. We=20
don't have the resources to focus on more than the aims of the meeting=20
detailed above, so suggestions for additional KDE-PIM, KMail or even=20
Kolab features are just a waste of bandwidth ;-)

In the name of the Kroupware Project,
Marc

[1] As found in the various kroupware_branches
[2] We use Intevation GmbH's rooms
[3] The companies of the Kroupware Project (Erfrakon, Intevation GmbH,
 Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult AB) pay travel and accomodation expenses
 for most KDE developers and all Kroupware Project participants.

=2D-=20
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.      -- Benjamin Franklin