[Kroupware] Evaluating kroupware 1.0 beta

kroupware@mail.kde.org kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 13:57:35 +0100

Hi,
I just installed kroupware yesterday on a server already running apache,
which cannot be disabled. So I modified /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf to
make the server listen on port 8080 and 8443. Unfortunately a script
continuously wipes my changes away and so creates a conflict. Where can I
find this "guilty" script?
Thanks
Michael

BTW:I am one of the guys "from the other side", as I am working with Lotus
Domino/Notes as a programmer and admin for about 8 years now (since Notes v
2.1). Domino/Notes is not as bad as described in
http://www.erfrakon.de/whitepapers/kurzstudie-groupware.pdf , especially
the "Workfactor reduction Field" no longer exists for about 2 years, when
the US government has loosened its strict export laws concerning
cryptographic software.
Cryptographic elements like personal ID-files with private/public keys,
document encryption, transparent transport-encryption, signed certificates
and a working PKI have always been a part of Lotus Notes (at least in all
releases I know)
Furthermore it is not necessary to replicate mail databases to all servers.
You can, but you are not forced to do so. Mails are just routed as in every
other MTA software. If well done, Notes/Domino scale well up to
ten-thousands of users. Lust but not least, Domino/Notes are is not just a
messaging system but also a database system. The replication between
databases is very sophisticated and does a very good job.
The most of the remainder mentioned in "kurzstudie" (and many, many other
horrible things not mentioned) indeed is true.