[Kroupware] 1.0-beta1 install notes

Martin Lillepuu kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:53:25 +0200

hello,

Looks like the kolab 1.0-beta1 is finally up and running here. Here's my list
of notes and (mostly cosmetic) bugs I encountered during installation and
initial testing:

1. gcc failed dependency

rpm -bb gcc.spec
error: failed build dependencies:
        binutils >= 2.13 is needed by gcc-3.2-1.1.0

FIX: use --nodeps or remove binutils dependency from gcc.spec

2. fsl.spec and gdbm.spec are checking for incorrect openpkg version

rpm -bb fsl.spec
error: failed build dependencies:
        openpkg >= 20020206 is needed by fsl-1.0.6-20021109

FIX: change 20020206 -> 1.1.0 in spec

3. I think QIM should also mention installation of following packages, which
are required for apache:

gdbm
mm
bison
flex

after they were installed, I was able to build, install and run apache
successfully.

4. is m4 being actually used? (I built and installed it anyway)

5. When building kolab rpm I got following error:

cd kolab && tar cvzf ../kolab-0.96.tar.gz *
/bin/sh: cd: kolab: No such file or directory
make: *** [all] Error 1

FIX: comment out line 'cd kolab && tar cvzf ../kolab-0.96.tar.gz *' in
Makefile

6. New users e-mail address is created without a domain in admin interface.

FIX: var/kolab/www/admin/user/create_user.php lines 200-210 are commented out,
also 'mydomain' should be 'postfix-mydomain' on line 205

7. etc/kolab/kolab_buildconfig is missing, resulting eq. deleted users not
being flushed from ldap.

8. regular user is not able to edit vacation/forward settings from admin
interface:

Could not log on to timsieved daemon on your IMAP server
sieve://127.0.0.1:2000

Needless to say, timsieved is running on localhost port 2000.

Other than that, kroupware seems to be running nicely. On the client side I
was successfully able to do all the basic stuff - send email, schedule
meetings and assign tasks to other users, etc. Quite impressive, I'd say.

--
Martin Lillepuu | e-mail: martin@lillepuu.com | gsm: +372 515 6450