[Kroupware] Correspondance management

Bernhard Reiter kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:35:11 +0100

--Boundary-02=_kQ279f9f//Pw8JN

On Thursday 05 December 2002 15:21, CP Hennessy wrote:
> 	I'm not sure if this falls within the plans for kroupware,

Kroupware basically is the name for the project to fulfill the contract
the group of companies has with the German Federal Agency of IT security (B=
SI).
A real correspondance management is not part of the contract.
Of course this mailing list is also a place to discuss ideas for possible=20
developments beyond the kroupware project.

I've put kde-pim@ in the receiver list  (and a long quote) as kde-pim@ is t=
he long term
interest group for the KDE project regarding personal information managemen=
t capabilities.

> A Correspondance management module/plugin which basically helps you
> to keep a record of all corresponance with a person or organization.
>
> This would be quite useful when you want to track all emails, phone calls,
> visits, letters, etc for a list of clients, and to be able to add followup
> info for korganizer (e.g. appointment:ring back in 1 day/week,
> reminder:visit client X next week, todo:send info to client ).

This certainly is a desirable functionality.
You can have a poor mans solution if you enter the phone call
informations into the space for notes for each contact.

Note that a bigger solution of the same problem would go into the=20
customer relation ship management direction.=20

> Obviously it should be possible to automatically track emails as you can
> check that the email address ( or email domain i.e. anyone within an
> organization) is listed in the "correspondance tracker".
> It may be possible to also do this with KWord when a document is
> printed to post to a client, to detect that again it is for an organizati=
on
> which you want to tract.
>
> For tracking phone conversations and visits ( which includes making notes=
 )
> this will need a specific interface which should include the ability of
> adding TODOs and reminders/alarms to korganizer.
>
> I hope that the above is clear makes some sence. I am interested in this
> because I find it lacking and think that it would bring the KDE desktop
> integration and usefulness one step closer to being essential for business
> desktops.
>
> I am in the process of starting my own company and would use this feature.
> If anyone is interested in developing this ( or something with very simil=
ar
> features ), then I would like to be involved in the design and
> developement, but I will not have too much time to dedicate to this.

> P.S. I am not on the kroupware email list so please CC me.

--Boundary-02=_kQ279f9f//Pw8JN

--Boundary-02=_kQ279f9f//Pw8JN--