[Kroupware] apache/php problem

Martin Lillepuu kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 03:40:15 +0200

hello,

I'm using SuSE 8.0, kolab base directory is /home/kolab. Most packages are
from master.kde.org, kolab rpm is 0.96 built from cvs. All server and client
components are compiled and seem to be running, except apache and admin
interface. I added user using ldapadd and LDIF file and I can successfully
login from client as that user using cachedimap account. Directory syncing
and storing eq calendar entries seems to be working. postfix also accepts
messages sent to the user itself but they never show up in inbox.

Anyway, here's how I've tried to get apache/apache2 running so far:

First I tried my luck with apache2 as the kolab.kde.org install guide
suggests. since php was not compiled in, I had to build it separately from
source and make necessary modifications to config file to enable it. Also
lots of paths had to be changed from apache to apache2 This actually worked,
I was able to login using manager account and php pages seemed to work also.
But when submitting any form (http post request) apache just segfaulted with
eq:

[Sun Dec 01 18:38:00 2002] [notice] child pid 4553 exit signal Segmentation
faul
t (11)
[Sun Dec 01 18:38:13 2002] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt [Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

I also modified the spec file to include php as builtin module and
rebuilt/reinstalled apache2 but the problem remained.

Then I tried apache 1.3.27 using apache.spec from kolab cvs. I had to change
few paths (apache/magic was not found, etc..) in the spec to make it build at
all. I also had to add --nodeps to the Makefile (I installed required
packages - gdbm, bison, flex, etc.. into suse main repository). The problem
is that resulting rpm contains only few config files and nothing else.

Any help getting this to build/work correctly would be appreciated.

--
Martin Lillepuu | e-mail: martin@lillepuu.com | gsm: +372 515 6450