KPOV - want to help...

az at azweb.de az at azweb.de
Tue Jan 31 18:16:39 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

> I see not much activity on the list or on the bugs lists at KDE.org..

> But it looks from your Buglist in the Code 3.5 that some of these may
have
been completed.

Most bugs that are still open are wishes or small usability issues. But
you are right, there is not much activity at the moment as we are all
quite busy with our real live jobs.

>I noticed that some items if you do an export then an import that if
fails to
import all the items..

>I would like to contribute to this project if just to help on this
item..

>One idea on this is when it does say it is not going to import the
object
could we import instead as a Raw Povray item..

>Not sure this is possible i have not looked over the code fully yet..

Not sure, too.
Povray parsing is quite tricky.

Problem is:
KDE 3.5 is released and afaik there is no 3.6 planed. That means new
features can be added only for KDE 4.0 which means KPovModeler has to be
ported to Qt4 and KDE4. I started this port already but as long as KDE4 is
not stable development on the project doesn't make much sense.

Regards,
Andreas