problem running make

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 04:03:56 CET 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 02:04, Dave Robbins wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I'm trying to build kpovmodeler on a Fedora 1 box
> ./configure runs fine
> very soon after starting make I get this
> any ideas????
>
> TIA
> Dave
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/drobbins/povray/kpovmodeler-1.0/doc/es'
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/drobbins/povray/kpovmodeler-1.0/doc/es'
> Making all in fr
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/drobbins/povray/kpovmodeler-1.0/doc/fr'
> /usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> index.docbook:408: validity error: Element keycombo content does not
> follow the DTD
> Expecting (keycap | keycombo | keysym | mousebutton)+, got (CDATA CDATA
> mousebutton)
>
> > de la souris</entry

This looks very much like an incompatibility with your KDE. The DTD definition
is either to old or to new for the docbook. What version of KDE are you
using?

If its 3.0 or newer kpovmodeler should be in your distro under the kdegraphics
package. If for whatever reason its missing what might  be best is to use the
CVS, and get a version of kpovmodeler that matches your KDE version.

i.e. If your KDE was version 3.1.2 you could use

cd /where/you/want/the/sources/
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde
cvs login
password: ( Simply press enter here )
cvs co -r KDE_3_1_2_RELEASE admin
cvs co -r KDE_3_1_2_RELEASE -l kdegraphics
cvs co -r KDE_3_1_2_RELEASE kdegraphics/kpovmodeler
cvs logout
cd kdegraphics
ln -s ../admin
echo kpovmodeler > inst-apps
make -f Makefile.cvs

You can then do configure, make and make install as you did with the sources
from the site. Except you do it in the kdegraphics directory and not the
kpovmodeler directory.

--
Leon Pennington

"If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you
teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."