CSG Modelling

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 01:54:17 CEST 2004

Hi,

Its been a bit quiet round here, so I though I'd let everyone know what I've
been up too, which is mainly trying to do CSG.

I finally go a brep implementation of CSG working ( not in KPov, but a simply
little viewer program. ) and basically its rubbish for what we want. Its very
complex, slow, and memory intesive, which is exactly what you don't want in a
modeller for a preview. Its also 4000 lines long ( whithout comments or blank
lines ) most of which are loops.

So after months of work, I've decided to take an axiom to heart and I'm
throwing it away, and looking at other ways of making it work. I'm very
determined...

Current favourite is a bsp based approach. Which looks very promising.

I now know why very few modellers do wireframe CSG, its a lot of hardwork.

I've done some more work on the Libs as well, which to be honest broke it all,
I'll try to knock it all back into shape as soon as I can.

--
Leon Pennington

"If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you
teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."