Writing an export plugin

lists at david-williams.info lists at david-williams.info
Mon Aug 30 22:24:01 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm interested in writng an export plugin for KPovModeler to allow it to
export to the RenderMan RIB format. I have had a brief look through the
code and can probably start to work out how to go about this.

However my initial problem is one of general KDE development. In the
KPovModeler directory I don't find a KDevelop project file. This is ok
as I don't mind using a text editor, but how do I add files to be
compilied? Also do I have to do a 'make install' to copy files to my
KDE directory each time I want to test changes?

Anyway, let me know if I should post this else where, for the record
I've been playing with version 3.2.3 as 3.3.0 doesn't compile on my KDE
3.2 machine.

Thanks,

David.