distributed rendering

Christoph Fabianek fabianek at cs.utk.edu
Tue Sep 23 00:22:29 CEST 2003

Hi!

> Still no success with the NetSolve protocol.
> Even with the firewall deactivated the same output.

This is really strange, since you can connect to the agent and get back the
list of available servers - e.g., anakin04.cs.utk.edu. From the logs I see
you connecting to the servers but then a network error is reported by the
server when it tries to send back the results to you. So your ports seem not
to be open from outside - maybe there is another firewall by your internet
provider or something?

> And with the ssh protocol I get:
> Initializing NetSolve...
> Initializing NetSolve...
> Initializing NetSolve...
> Initializing NetSolve...
> Initializing NetSolve...
> Initializing NetSolve...
> Initializing NetSolve...
> error: executable 'montage' not found!

Ok, there is a bug in the patch I sent. It is fixed now but I want to complete
the work on the global settings dialog before I send the next patch. Could
you please try nspovray on the command line with the SSH protocol:
./nspovray --ssh ssh_hostfile +iicl.pov

Thanks for testing!
   Christoph