distributed rendering

Christoph Fabianek fabianek at cs.utk.edu
Sun Sep 21 21:21:08 CEST 2003

Greetings!

> > Ok, here how NetSolve works if I remember correctly.
> > - nspovray submits a problem request (povray) to the agent (port 9060)
> > and gets back a list of available servers for this problem
> > - nspovray submits the problem to one of the servers
> > - the server processes the job and sends back the results <- here it
> > needs the ports to be open to accept conncections from outside (I think
> > this means "server ports")
>
> Ok, I will try to open these incoming ports.

Do you use ICQ or something? Perhaps it will be easier to communicate directly
- I will be working on kpm for the next few hours. My ICQ# is 150715551 -
just in case...

> > Is the SSH transport working?
>
> You said, I need a ssh login. I don't have access to a server with
> NetSolve.

Sorry for being not clear - you need just any machine where you can log into
with ssh and have povray installed, e.g. your local machine. For the SSH
transport you will not need NetSolve at all.

> > I will keep working... the deadline is still tomorrow?
>
> No, of course not. Not with the delayed shedule.
> End of september, I'd say.

Great :-)

And another question: Do I need any special tools for building the
documentation? Running make in kdegraphics/doc/kpovmodeler gives the
following error:
/usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
index.docbook:8: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
]>
  ^
and so on... although:
$ locate dtd/kdex.dtd
/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Christoph