KPovModeler Tutorial

Hugo Ferreira hmf at inescporto.pt
Tue Jul 15 09:07:33 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > Interesting. BTW it is "works". Way too old to be studdying 8-}.
>
> Can you write a few sentences about you?

Sure. I am a researcher at an intitute. Research is in the area of
workflow/e-commerce. I may be starting my Phd, but don't know when.
I did some work in 3D, but this was years ago. I enhanced a radiosity
algorithm to include specular effects. It worked but still had some "kinks"
in it. I picked up on KPovmodeler because I am modelling a house and used
Cycas to do it. Unfortunatelly, as a (free) architectural package, it does
not provide me with easy visualization. KPovmodeler does, but I cannot import
some of the povray objects (polygons) exported by Cycas.

Uuuf!! That was long.

snip...

> I just couldn't figure it out how to build an object tree while parsing
> with bison. And I had the fear that bison is too inflexible. I don't think
> I can build a class hierarchy with different parsers with bison like
> KPovModeler has at the moment.

Some people seem to have done this. But Luis has pointed out additional
problems. Oh well...

Regards,
Hugo