KPovModeler Tutorial

Hugo Ferreira hmf at inescporto.pt
Tue Jul 15 08:56:30 CEST 2003

Luis,

Thanks for the feedback. You have given me valid arguments against Bison/Flex
(yes, I was thinking of those tools specifically). In fact the Object
orientated argument had already presented itself but I did not give it much
importance becuase I found an application to be used specifically with Bison
when trying to generate C++ (bisonpp).

On more argument againts Flex/Bison: I have seen another person's attempt to
use these tools to parse povray files. His complaint was that there ir no
formal specification of the grammer and that parsing such a file using these
tools becomes very difficult.

Anyway, it was just a question. I will first try and work on the object data
structure and its viewing and then it's export and finally import.

Regards,
Hugo.

P.S.: I am now living in the "backlands" where I only have access to analog
telephony trunks, in other words no ADSL for me. Oh brother ! 8-(