Want to contribute

Andreas Zehender kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:30:37 +0100

Hi!

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 17:10, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> I have made a subdivision of the source tree. It is available as a
> standalone source tree here:
> http://lpnotfr.free.fr/devel/kpovmodeler.tar.bz2
>
> Actually, the libtool version I have seems to handle gracefully the
> inclusion of static libraries into shared objects, so it is possible to
> split the big directory into smaller ones :)
>
> I'm sorry, I made only a standalone source tree. I'll check if it fits well
> into the kdegraphics module (since I use the latest kde-common/admin
> directory, it's likely it'll work).

We have to change the directory structure for the plugin framework anyway. I
will split up the directories when the framework is finished and move the
povray objects to a plugin.

My suggestion:
kpovmodeler/part/core: All core classes, tools, etc. Everything that is needed
by other classes and the plugins.
kpovmodeler/part/ui: All widgets used only by the shell or part
kpovmodeler/plugins/povray: The plugin class itself, registering, settings
dialog page etc.
kpovmodeler/plugins/povray/textures: Textures and edit widgets
kpovmodeler/plugins/povray/objects: Objects and edit widgets
kpovmodeler/plugins/povray/io: Povray import (parser) and export
(serialization)

Andreas

PS: Remember me to change my .signature :-)
 Andreas Zehender, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 Student, 10th semester computer science
 http://www.azweb.de
 az@azweb.de | zehender@kde.org