Links and my wishlist

Andreas Zehender kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:29:59 +0200

Hi!

On Saturday 28 September 2002 22:06, Olivier Saraja wrote:
> For the moment, only tutorial 01 should appear at the following URL:
>
> http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/kpovmodeler/tutorial01/index.html
>
> A whole section dedicated to kpm will be set once I Have enough material
> for it, which is not yet the case. Once this specially dedicated section
> will be set, I suppose I'll change slightly the URLs again...
>
> My third tutorial is available at:
>
> http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/kpovmodeler/tutorial01/index.html
>
> for ideas and comments. This URL should NOT be made public for the moment,
> as I still have plan about this tutorial. Let's say it's still in Beta
> version.

Then I will not change the links on my home page for the moment. Or should I
remove the tutorial links from the documentation page until the kpovmodeler
section is online?

> > Well, in theory you can insert any number of smooth triangles into a csg
> > union to create a mesh object :-)
> > It's planned in the near future!
>
> Near future? Well, that's very very very cool: will there be tools to
> extrude, revolve et all. these triangles? This is not a feature linked to
> Povray, I guess, but to the modeler by itself that should be able to
> produce/generate the triangles compatible to povray with any proprietary
> inboard format kpm could have.

I think, yes, that should be possible.
I admit that full BREP (boundary representation) modeling would be a 'nice to
have' feature. We would then support all povray objects.
I think the only missing objects are the background and the mesh object.

> > moment I am busy with the framework improvements. No idea what will be
> > next.
>
> Hey, I have a lot of features wishlist, if you mind ;o)

Well you can allways send me patches that implement your wishes. Or design
blue prints...
:-)

Andreas
 Andreas Zehender, Dipl. Ing. (BA)