CVS problem

Andreas Zehender kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 19:34:36 +0100

Hi!

On Friday 29 March 2002 19:00, pgeorges wrote:
> I have not been able to synchronize with CVS for a couple of days. I
> get this error :
>
> cvs [update aborted]: connect to anoncvs.kde.org(131.220.60.97):2401
> failed: Connection refused
>
> Has anything changed ?

>From recent posts to kde-devel:

anoncvs.kde.org and ftp.kde.org are currently down (system failure) We
are working on it...

Related announcement: that machine won't provide anoncvs services anymore.
anoncvs.kde.org will be switched to bluemchen.sourceforge.net (aka
rsync.kde.org) shortly. Feel free to switch to that machine already, to
get anoncvs (with even earlier updates than previously, since that
machine is the primary mirror of cvs).

> Can you confirm that CVS code will remain compatible with KDE2 ( for
> the moment )?

No! Not at all!

KDE3 will be announced in a few days. There should be packages available
for your distribution, so please update your KDE.

The applications in the main kde packages are compiled with -DQT_NO_COMPAT
which makes it impossible to stay compatible. If we want to move the
application to the kdegraphics package, we have to make that NOW. That
means I will break the kde2 compatibility the next days after Luis
committed his changes. I already have the port on my disk.

Greetings, Andreas

 Andreas Zehender, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 Student, 9th semester computer science
 http://www.azweb.de