Hollow

CARVALHO Luis Passos kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:53:18 -0000

Andreas might be the best person to explain.

I always assumed it meant unspecified. That is, the box has 3 values:
	not hollow  (empty)
	hollow	(un-checked)
	unspecified or use povray's default (three horizontal lines thingy)

Now that I look at it, if it's just that, it's not very usable.
My suggestion would be to find out what is povray's default and use that as
a default for the object.

However, Andreas always looks very well at usability, so he probably has
reasons for it, the main one being he must have unspecified as a value for
"hollowness". ;)

Nevertheless, 3-state checkboxes are not my favourite.
I prefer 3-value list boxes for that effect. They tend to be clearer.

What do you say Andreas?

Regards,
Luis