We moved!

CARVALHO Luis Passos kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:26:37 +0100

Hmm...

I have some ideas on a plugin framework, however, i'm not sure i can
implement them in a reasonable timeframe, since plugins must handle glx and
in that area my memory just points to null :).

Why don't we trade ideas and you take care of the plugins and I take care of
the libraries.

Also, I don't have povray's documentation beside me, but I think the texture
objects are nearly complete. At most one or two texture objects are missing.
However, I think we'll have to add some user friendly features in that area,
because kpovmodeler doesn't help that much when developing textures. If you
know what you want to implement, in povray terms, then you can introduce it
in kpovmodeler, but if you want to develop a texture in kpovmodeler without
a clear idea on how you're going to do it then, my friend, you're on your
own.

I remember reading on the list some comment about kpovmodeler not being very
helpful when developing textures.
If anyone has any idea on how to improve texture development on kpovmodeler,
I'm open to suggestions.
Plug-in wizards could help, and a library of pre-made textures as well, but
I fear it won't be enough.

Regards,
Luis