[kplato] [Admin] merging lists

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Sep 11 12:03:55 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 10. September 2008 10:18:33 Thomas Zander wrote:
> I see two strategies;
>  * wait 2 weeks and then subscribe all (140) kplato people on the
> koffice-devel mailinglist and close down this list
>  * wait 2 weeks and then close down this list assuming all people that want
> have subscribed to the koffice-devel mailinglist.

I have another option that might be even more interresting.
A colleague and kplato dev mentioned that probably the majority of the people
on this list are end-users interrested in using but not specifically
developing for kplato.

So the option next to the above two is to instead subscribe everyone to
koffice instead of the koffice-devel.
The main difference is that the koffice mailinglist is rather low-traffic and
doesn't have technical (design) discussions.

With the assumption that most kplato developers are actually already
subscribed to the koffice-devel ML, does anyone object to this strategy?
* wait 2 weeks (-2 days now) and then subscribe all kplato subscribers to the
koffice mailinglist and close down this list.

FYI;
http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice
--
Thomas Zander