[kplato] Kplato XML format

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Wed Oct 31 10:20:48 CET 2007

Lørdag 20 oktober 2007 10:22 skrev Tevi:
> Hi,
Hi, sorry for the late answer. I had some problem with my mail settup so I can
see my answer didn't get through last time.

> I'm a teacher and I'm working on an application to manage Lesson Plans. I
> think a lesson plan as a KPlato project with some specific items.
I know nothing about lesson plans, so it would be interresting to see your
reqierements.

> I've have to develop an application for my Internet Tablet, but I would
> like to use a standard XML format in order to share my files and work with
> them from my KDE.
Unfortunatly there is no standard format (yet?). There is a lot of interest in
a standard, but nobody has as yet felt compelled to do the legwork. AFAICS
it's not trivial to design such a standard so my hopes are not high.

> I think in Kplato to best integrate in KDE, and KDE-EDU. I've in mind a
> KTeacherAssistant, but this is kde-edu question.
>
> I ask you if KPlato XML format uses standard format as Kword does with ODT..
Note that kplato is under heavy development so the file format is not totally
fixed.

> And if there is more doc than [1].
That hasn't been updated in a looong time ;)
For a functional overview you are better off with the main page:
http://www.koffice.org/kplato
(Note that this is a 0.x release with a *very* limited functionallity, I hope
we'll have a more usefull version for KOffice 2.0)

But really the source code is the only documentation of the file format.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tevi.
>
> [1] http://www.koffice.org/kplato/docs/index.html

Mvh