[kplato] Pert function

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Wed Feb 7 08:42:31 CET 2007

Tirsdag 06 februar 2007 18:28 skrev Alexis Ménard:
> hello all,
>

> we work on the pert functionnality for kplato and we have a question. When
> we explore kptnode, kpttask, and kptproject we see that there is some "old"
> (we think) function for PERT. Names are :
> -virtual bool
> isCritical<http://kplato.free.fr/docs_be/Retroconception/html/class_k_plato
>_1_1_task.html#dca4f90e402158274c948a1d8314b01c>() const
> -virtual bool
> calcCriticalPath<http://kplato.free.fr/docs_be/Retroconception/html/class_k
>_plato_1_1_task.html#5470c59626b286d048798c9758c2fa90>(bool fromEnd)
>
> We want to know if these method and attributes use in it are actually use
Yes, displayed in gantt chart.
> in kplato. We want to developp our own method to calculate critical path
> but should we modify these method or should we developp our method
> separatly (we think we put the method to calculate critical path in
> kptproject). You will see in kpttask and kptproject that we have add our
> attributes for pert functionality.
Generally, we shouldn't duplicate functionallity, so: modify the existing or
replace it.
Existing functions you should have a look at: isCritcal(), calcCriticalPath(),
positiveFloat(), calculateEarlyFinish() and calculateLateStart().

I chose to use the term float instead of slack as there are a number of
additional terms that might be helpfull in analyzis. (I think slack would
correspond to positive float.)

Atm. early finish and late start is not permanently saved, neither in schedule
nor xml file. I think this should be added.

Note that there is a few of decissions that has to be taken when calculating
criticallity conserning resource avalability. (E.g people not working in
weekends...)

--
Mvh
Dag Andersen