[kplato] Hello

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Fri Nov 17 12:00:08 CET 2006

Fredag 17 november 2006 11:42 skrev Thomas Zander:
> On Friday 17 November 2006 11:35, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > Diplomatic :)
> > I'm playing a little bit with kchart and I'd say *much* more than 20
> > values (per curve) and we get into problems. First with text along the
> > x-axis (one text per value), then with performance. It's made to resize
> > to it's window, (no scrolling) so the largest chart would be a full
> > screen one. We can always put it in a scrollview though, if needed, put
> > then performance comes into play. Hmm, it's not an exact sience...
>
> in current KChart (1.6 branch / 1.6.1 release) there was an upgrade of the
> kdchart engine that powers kchart recently.
> It would be interresting to test that one as well.
Yes, I'm running 1.6 now but I've upgraded my pc since I had a look at kchart
last, so everything runs fast these days :)

> I do have to say that simple charts are not at all hard to code yourself in
> Qt.
True. The power of kchart is the ability to switch between different chart
forms, but I don't see that as *very* important for this use.

Maybe a possible task for our french team?

--
Mvh
Dag Andersen