[kplato] Re: Summer of Code Project for KOffice Component Framework

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Wed Jun 15 13:07:46 CEST 2005

A bit late, but that's how life is these days...
This would be great!
(I can certainly understand what you aim at, but then I know koffice.
It may be more cryptic for other people.)
AFAICS the project will be two parts:
a) Enhance the component functionallity in koffice, and
b) Rewrite kplato to use the new framework.
I suspect that b) is the major part, but imho, just doing a) will be a
significant improvement to koffice as most other apps will benefit
also.
When it comes to using DCOP, I've also had some thought of using this
for report generation. Not much dcop is implemented for kplato of
course, and AFAICS sitting with the kdcop browser, most calls in
kword brings up dialogs which somewhat defies automation ;) I'm no
expert but if this is so, new dcop calls need to be implemented.
However, being able to control koffice apps automated from scripts
could be very useful for other purposes too.

Mvh,
Dag Andersen