[kplato] Re: Google's Summer of Code - KOffice proposals

Raphael Langerhorst raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at
Wed Jun 8 21:44:46 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 19:55, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2005 15:17, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 June 2005 14:47, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes. Quote from http://code.google.com/summfaq.html :
> > >
> > > I'm already working on Project X, can I continue to work on it?
> > >
> > > If you are otherwise eligible, yes. Point this out in your
> > > application. New work must be done.
> > >
> > > End of quote :>
> > >
> > > / Tomas
> >
> > Hmmmm... :) sounds great. So I guess I'll apply for the KOffice
> > cookbook project.
> >
> > Now I just have to find a mentor for it...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Raphael
>
> I discussed this on #kde-docs and #google-summer on freenode and it
> doesn't look promising at all, the bottom line is that the project
> MUST deal with CODE  (summer of "code"), well.
>
> But as I said, I _want_ to go about writing such a cookbook anyway.

I have been a bit active on IRC and right now Adriaan, Lauri and I
planned to do a summer of code project about KPlato - after all it
should be included in the next release (IMO). In the process of
implementing desired functionality I will write down my notes on
development - thus creating a developers handbook as a side effect -
an important one ;)

Anyway, if there is anything particular you want implemented in KPlato
(fitting for a summer of code project) please let me know ASAP. Right
now I'm thinking of better integration with the rest of KOffice, but
I'll take a closer look before submitting any proposal.

> Raphael

Raphael Langerhorst
http://raphael.g-system.at/blog