[kplato] idea

angeleyes at tvcablenet.be angeleyes at tvcablenet.be
Sat Jan 22 17:56:11 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm actually busy to prepare a project.
One idea appears in my head due to a real problem in a project manager.

Could you integrate the following idea in kplato ?
Imagine I have a project composed of several modules. Each modules depends of
the end of the previous one. Then if a module need more time that prepared on
a schedule we must move all the followed modules in the schedule. What a job.
Then I think you could preview this situation and then if a module has a
modified target date then it could (if configured as well) move all the next
modules in the schedule. (it could also be able to automatically send an
e-mail to a list of members given in the project contact as man who depends
of the end of the project to inform them that due to some (configured text
message) ... the project target date is reported to ...this date.
And you could also prepare this idea (wich is better). Define a list of people
by module for the project. Define who is responsible (more than one people)
the module. Then the responsible (peoples) are able to modify the time length
and also some informations about the project. The other member of the modules
are just inform or can just look to the module evolution. There is also a
list of people for the project. Also some are able to modify project
information and others members can only be informed or look the evolution of
the project without modify it. Then You could also consider that if no module
member people are inserted in the module member list then the member project
people list will give the people that are able to be informed and look each
module evolution.
Otherwise if a module need more time when the target date is modified by a
people of the responsible module list then each responsible of the next
module will be informed that the beginning of their module will begin later
and all the other project and modules people will be informed that the target
date has moved.

It will be an improvement of the project management. Then a manager just need
to modify a target date of a module and then all the work (module planning
will switch in the schedule if asked in the project configuration other wise
it doesn't move) and people will be informed automatically by e-mail given in
the list (responsible people could receive technical informations about
modification and other members coulds receive other information. Then if a
module or project responsible modify a beginning or target date of a module
he will receive a popup form asking the text to send for project, module
responsible and another to give the text to send to the member of project,
module).

Thanks to read this and sorry for my bad english.

See the attached file to see the idea.

Bye