[kplato] problem with kplato on current svn version...

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Wed Dec 21 13:44:20 CET 2005

On Onsdag 21 december 2005 13:10, fmdp wrote:
> Hi,
> it works fine with today's svn (it may have worked for few past
> days too as I couldn't test it until now).
Good :)

> I'll play with kplato now.
> Is the actual state can be tested, or is it known to be so unstable
> that bug reporting is not welcome for now?
> Is there any place to report bugs/features requests?
No, you can test, I don't know of any crashes atm ;)
It's early days yet, what I try to cover for this first 0.x release is
basic project planning. In short you can define tasks, resources,
calendars and accounts, link tasks, assign resources to tasks and
schedule the project.
Finding out how to link tasks can be tricky, but if you in ganttview
point to a task, press LMB and drag to another task, you'll get a
link. Double clicking on a link will get you a link dialog. (I've
plans to find a better way, suggestions wellcome)

The ui is generally not much good, I think, but I didn't plan to do
anything about it until qt4. Now, qt4 seems a very long time off,
so...
But suggestions are very wellcome anyway!

Bugs can be reported using the help menu as normal, or directly using
bugs.kde.org, but discussing on this list first maybe better until we
release.

Unfortunately (?:) I'm taking a real long Christmas holiday this year,
leaving tomorrow, not back until next year! (probably jan 3.)

So, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

> Fred
>
> Le Lundi 19 Décembre 2005 22:53, Thomas Zander a écrit :
> > On Thursday 15 December 2005 20:47, Fred Marmond wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I've just compiled/install the full koffice project, and kplato
> > > doesn't start. the app.start() returns false, that is all I can
> > > say... :-/
> > >
> > > I compile/run it on a x86-64, and other parts of koffice are
> > > working fine.
> > >
> > > Is the current svn broken?
> > > Is it supposed to work?
> > > May I enable debug logs (how?)
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance...
> >
> > I don't have an answer to the above question, but I want to
> > apologize for the long delay for the moderator approval, I have
> > been out of town for some days.
> > Do you still see the above problems?

Mvh,
Dag Andersen