[kplato] using PMXML as standard format for KPlato...(?)

John Lamb J.D.Lamb at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 31 18:50:43 CET 2004

Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi Dag and all,
>
> what do you think about using PMXML as the standard KPlato format? I
> had a (very) quick look at it and it seems that it could be quite
> useful - especially compatibility would be great to other apps like
> Planner and the apps they produce at Pacific Edge Software. The link
> was http://proj.chbs.dk/specifications/ (THANKS for cleaning up!!).

PMXML looks very useful. Even if kplato doesn't use it directly, it does
specify quite nicely what you might want in a project and so could be
used to help decide what fields the kplato classes should have.

I started looking again at kplato over the summer but didn't get very
far. I'm still happy to contribute.

Who's currently planning what needs to be done to progress kplato? Have
we even a good idea of who can do what?

My own contribution is likely to be on the algorithms side - how do you
get the easrilest start to latest finish 'window' for a task? How do you
assign specified resources or estimate time or cost variances? - is
anyone else interested in that?

 From my perspective, I'm happy to tackle problems like: 'Can we include
user-specified earliest start/finish times for tasks and still calculate
project duration?'

Who's interested in advancing the GUI design?

Who's good at organising the resources we have to make a bit more progress?

--
JDL