Fwd: Re: Batch import of images

Andreas Schleth schleth_es at web.de
Tue Nov 1 18:29:14 GMT 2022

Hi Per,

don't fret. I have some 50k images in one of my databases and I have
heard of people having ~10x that amount. I do not have speed problems
even if my setup is quite slow as the images reside on a NAS (rotating
rust) via NFS. Having everything on a fast SSD is probably a better idea.

It might then be a good idea to uncheck "search for new images on
startup" in the settings (top in the second section). This will speed up
the start dramatically.
After that you need to manually trigger the search with the Maintenance
menu whenever you have added new images.

btw: I loved your writeup. You will have much fun tagging new images in
KPA - this is where it really shines!

Cheers, Andreas