[KPhotoAlbum] UI-Glitch?

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Tue Feb 16 23:15:08 GMT 2021

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for testing this out ;-)

Am Dienstag, 16. Februar 2021, 22:42:28 CET schrieb Andreas Schleth:
> Why is it that the arrow-keys and home/end do not act on the search
> string when the focus is on the search bar? The left-right arrows are
> "dead" and the up/down arrow keys act on the category entries.
>
> I would naively expect that the keys would help editing the search
> string...

Arrow keys are forwarded to the active page - i.e. the "home" screen, the
category page, or the thumbnail view.
The category page has a vertical list, and therefore no action when left/right
is pressed.

> > that:
> >   - the searchBar no longer has input focus by default
> >   - pressing '/' activates the search bar (regardless of current view)
>
> I like that, feels like vim :-)

Now I just need to implement different modes :-)

> I this respect "enter" and "esc" behave different from the google
> example. The "esc" function is a nice addition, "enter" however behaves
> strangely:
>
> - in a category of many names I type 3 letters so the list is down to 6
> names, none of which is highlighted
> [...]
> - OK, ok, ok: the "enter" (from the search bar) selects the first in the
> list (which is not by default highlighted) and this name is not anymore
> displayed when opening the category list again.

Good point. I've slightly tweaked the situation by selecting the first item
(if nothing is already selected). This way there is a visual indication of
what will be selected when pressing enter. (Commit 7a10e4bb)

Cheers,
  Johannes