[KPhotoAlbum] UI-Glitch?

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Tue Feb 16 00:02:47 GMT 2021

Hi Andreas,

Am Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2021, 00:30:55 CET schrieb Johannes Zarl-Zierl:
> > I use the search box in many other cases (when sifting through
> > categories or so) but then I always know which data pool I am fishing in.
> >
> > So my preference would be #3:
> > - when in thumbnail view: focus on the thumbnails,
> > - when in other views: focus on the search box.

I've implemented #2 (don't give focus to search bar) anyways - at least as a
basis for further discussion.

I think given Reimar's suggestions for making the whole window more keyboard-
friendly, this variant may now work significantly better than when I initially
suggested it as an option.

If you could try out the branch "work/jzarl/searchPopup" [1,2] you'll find
that:
 - the searchBar no longer has input focus by default
 - pressing '/' activates the search bar (regardless of current view)
 - tab order makes going back to the main content easier

One further tweak that may make this even smoother could be for the SearchBar
to loose focus when it is cleared by pressing escape - any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
  Johannes

[1] https://invent.kde.org/graphics/kphotoalbum/-/commits/work/jzarl/
searchPopup
[2] Sorry for the confusing branch name - I initially intended to implement a
search popup like you'd get in dolphin or firefox.