[KPhotoAlbum] Fw: Fwd: [Qt bugreports] Updates for QTBUG-75585: Massive performance regression in QML Date object

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at gmx.de
Wed Sep 23 05:54:21 BST 2020

> In the short term I think we should relieve the immediate pain point with my
> patch or something like it, and add a note that we revert it when when we
> modify the database to be all UTC time.

Your patch surely solves the problem for now, but if we decide to use UTC for
the database, don't you think we'll get this done before the next release (so
no "end-user" will see the patch)?

If we "only" convert all existing dates to UTC and store new ones in UTC using
the local timezone, without additional XML attributes, timezone selection and
so on, KPA's behavior and display will stay exactly the same for now.

Also, I don't think it would be too hard to get the other stuff done. At
least, we could try and see in a branch. And if more problems arise, we still
can work around it before the next release.

Well, let's see what Johannes thinks. He's the boss ;-)