[KPhotoAlbum] Big performance problem with QDateTime

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Sep 20 22:29:43 BST 2020

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 20. September 2020, 17:38:25 CEST schrieb Robert Krawitz:
> > And adding the ms representation since the epoch of the date and time as a
> > member variable, along with a boolean one that indicates if the cache
> > should be recomputed next time it's requested should be trivial to add.
> > Without breaking the API.
> >
> > Thanks for tracking this down :-)
>
> I'd like to get the patch in anyway, if you and Johannes don't object.  Even
> if Qt fixes it, it's going to take a while for the fix there to make it
> out, and in the interim it's drastically slowing things down here.

I'll sleep on it and see if we can encapsulate this a little better or make it
nicer to read - I fear that by the time Qt catches up and removes the
performance bottleneck we have no idea why we convert to seconds since epoch
in the first place.

Apart from that, I concur that we should fix this on our side for now...

Cheers,
  Johannes