[KPhotoAlbum] Startup performance

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 18:29:46 BST 2020

Question is if really need to optimize things furtherly. Speaking of myself, I
have a "normal"(?) "photos we take along the year and during vacation"
database with about 12,000 photos. It resides on NFS, on my home LAN's NAS. On
a classical hd. Which should be -- performance-wise -- the worst combination
of all. Startup takes like one second though (or maybe one and a half ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I surely don't want to impair Robert's effort! But at a
certain point, I think one should reflect how many users would take a real
benefit from further (deeper) changes, and if it's worth it ...