[KPhotoAlbum] kpa-util

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Mar 8 21:49:11 GMT 2020

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 8. März 2020, 03:19:04 CET schrieb Robert Krawitz:
> I'm fiddling around with extensions to kpa-merge, which I'm calling
> kpa-util (I haven't added it in yet).  Currently it supports the
> following operations:
>
> - merge (as current)
> - clean (as current)
> - add-item <category> [--parent parent] items...
> - add-tag <category> items... <<< file-list (on stdin)

I assume "add-item" adds a new tag to the given category, and "add-tag" tags
all files in the file-list with the given tags?
I think I would have to look this up every time I use it (if I'm not using the
script regularly). It's hard to come up with better names for these
operations, but how about "add-category-items" and "tag-files"?

> It would be a lot more efficient if I could have it process multiple
> commands in one shot; the difficulty is working out a syntax for it.
> I suppose for add-tag and the hypothetical remove-tag there could be
> an input syntax something like
>
> <file> +<cat:tag> -<cat1:tag1>
>
> but any of these things could have spaces, colons, and potentially
> even newlines in them.  Suggestions would be welcome.

Why not just use shell quoting? After all, POSIX file names have the exact
same problem (if not worse).

  Johannes