[KPhotoAlbum] TIFF picture that does not show

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Mar 1 22:13:01 GMT 2020

Am Samstag, 29. Februar 2020, 20:02:13 CET schrieb Harald Barth:
> > On Debian unstable this works as expected.
>
> That was good for Debian unstable but not so for me ;-)

;-)

> $ gwenview slamra/gallery/hobby03/banner-trestle.tiff
> [...]
> It complains a lot BUT I see the picture.

I guess it still might be worth opening a bug with the distro - they can
probably fix the root cause of the problem on a package level.

> My guess was that is has to do something with how TIFF is handled. But
> it can not be _only_ that. I searched for all the .tif (not that many
> of my images). What I got is in the screendump attached. There are 26
> images where neither thumb nor name is shown. The other 16 are shown.
> Not even a label under the thumb? That's strange!

This is strange indeed. The missing label should definitely not happen. I'll
take a look and see if I find anything wrong there. If I don't come back to
you in a week or so feel free to poke me...

Cheers,
  Johannes