[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: (file)Re: Date disappearing from database for certain photos in 5.4.2 and 6.2.1 (though not a problem in 4.7.1)

Just Lettuce justlettuce at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:14:52 BST 2020

Hello all,

Been offline for a bit...   Thanks all for figuring this out!
Confirming that my photos from more recent cameras (and years) that also
lost dates were from the same issue.  I had not noticed that pattern.  I
used to own a bar, and we closed by 02:00 and were supposed to have
everyone out by 2:30 - so even if 2:30 didn't actually exist on those
nights, it kind of did for us.  And of course I never reset the time on
my camera when trying to get everyone out...

I can change times, and understand the sort issue might be a problem.
Also wondering how things go in the future with time changes?  We
actually had our last time change here in Yukon in the spring.  Time
changes are done here.  It's not changing in the fall.  I think British
Columbia is doing this also, but not California, etc.?  Could get
complicated?   I guess 4.7.1 didn't check the date/time the same way?  I
think I would like a way to switch off this validation and just accept
exif date/time, though I realize there would be issues with this also.

That all said, I can change times - and/or use whatever other solution
or change that might appear.

Thanks as always for the great work!
-n