[KPhotoAlbum] Speeding up annotation

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 12 03:10:32 GMT 2020

On Sun,  5 Jan 2020 22:33:56 -0500 (EST), Robert Krawitz wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 23:01:13 +0100, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
>> Am Sonntag, 5. Jänner 2020, 20:23:50 CET schrieb Robert Krawitz:
>>> I found one easy fix in the selection code after the annotations are
>>> changed.  It's still very slow and may be worse than linear, but at
>>> least one real problem is cleaned up.
>>
>> Thank you for your work!
>
> AnnotationDialog::Dialog::selectionForMultiSelect() is definitely a
> hot spot.  But I'm going to ned to call it a night, I'm afraid...

This has an easy fix, along the lines of what I suggested.  The next
problem is here, in saveAndClose:

            Q_FOREACH (ListSelect *ls, m_optionList) {
                info->addCategoryInfo(ls->category(), ls->itemsOn());
                info->removeCategoryInfo(ls->category(), ls->itemsOff());
            }

This tries (or at least checks for) every string in the items that are
checked or unchecked.  It should only do this for items that were
explicitly added or removed.

--Eric Crampton