[KPhotoAlbum] Kphotoalbum 5.5-1: Icons gone, my thumbs gone

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sat Feb 29 13:56:43 GMT 2020

Hello Harald,

Am Freitag, 28. Februar 2020, 12:44:19 CET schrieb Harald Barth:
> I just started kphotoalbum 5.5-1 on Ubuntu 19.10. Not 100% successful.
>
> Issue 1:
>
> The icons are gone (both in demo mode and on my database) See
> attachment 1.

This is very probably an issue with the installed icon theme. A recent
discussion of this problem can be found here:

https://mail.kdab.com/pipermail/kphotoalbum/2019-August/006380.html

The gist is that there seems to be a packaging problem - the icon theme
doesn't contain the icons that are used by kphotoalbum.

As a workaround, you can try if the icons reappear if you switch to the breeze
icon theme.

Cheers,
  Johannes