[KPhotoAlbum] Color scheme support

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Tue Apr 28 23:14:53 BST 2020

Hi,

I've just merged a branch to improve the support for color schemes:

* KPhotoAlbum no longer uses hard-coded colors for any decorative role.
I.e. the only places where explicit colors are used are to convey a meaning
like red/yellow/green colors in the job status led.
This means that KPhotoAlbum now looks nicer with dark color schemes.

* Custom color schemes are now supported: you can select a different color
scheme than your system scheme view "Settings | Color Scheme".
For anyone using e.g. KDEnlive, this will be quite familiar.

* Background colors:
Instead of the custom background color that one could alter in the Thumbnail
settings, KPhotoAlbum now uses the "Alternate" color set from the active color
scheme.
This means that if you want to change your color it is slightly more work: You
have to change the color in the "Choose color scheme" system settings module.

In addition to the thumbnail view, this background color is now also used for
the viewer window.

Please try this out and maybe play around with color schemes - I'd be happy
for any feedback regarding this change!

Cheers,
  Johannes