[KPhotoAlbum] Breaking changes in file layout

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Mon Apr 6 11:20:12 BST 2020

Am 06. Apr. 2020 schrieb Johannes Zarl-Zierl:

> Am Montag, 6. April 2020, 00:22:30 CEST schrieb Robert Krawitz:
> > >
> > > I get your point, but I'm not a big fan of constructs like "/home/
> > > johannes/.cache/kphotoalbum/home/johannes/Pictures" either.
> >
> > Yeah, that's ugly; maybe if it were
> >
> > /home/johannes/.cache/kphotoalbum/home|johannes|Pictures
> >
> > or some such it would be easier.

Just an idea: what about an encoding like many news-sites or
stackoverflow.com use, a mix of hash + title. The hash-part makes the
entry unique, the title part makes it readable for humans.

For the example above, the result would be something like

/home/johannes/.cache/kphotoalbum/<hashCode>-home_johannes_Pictures

Or maybe just the last part of the complete path (the filename), to
reduce length?

/home/johannes/.cache/kphotoalbum/<hashCode>-Pictures

Just my 2 cents,
- martin