[KPhotoAlbum] Untagged tag

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Thu Dec 12 22:33:48 GMT 2019

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2019, 19:32:23 CET schrieb Joe:
> I can't seem to set the untagged tag for photos in KPA.
>
> I fill in the category and the keyword, but it won't save.
>
> There's no associated Save button, etc. and Saving after I exit Settings
> doesn't work.

I just tested it on the demo database and it works (for me). Clicking "ok" on
the Settings dialog is enough to make the change. If you scan for new images
afterwards, the images should automatically be shown under "Untagged images".

One thing to note, though: Since you left the "Show the untagged images tag as
a normal tag" box unchecked, the tag is hidden in the annotation dialog. For
some people this is rather surprising.

Can you verify whether the configuration was set correctly?
$ cat ~/.config/kphotoalbumrc |grep untagged
untaggedCategory=Events
untaggedImagesTagVisible=false
untaggedTag=untagged

HTH,