[KPhotoAlbum] "F Number" vs. "Aperture Value"

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Mon Dec 2 23:26:57 GMT 2019

Am Montag, 2. Dezember 2019, 23:54:23 CET schrieb Robert Krawitz:
> I'd definitely have use for finding all photos shot at a given EV
> value (or range thereof).  That would, however, be an incompatible
> change and would require rescanning EXIF data, so it's not something
> we want to do lightly.  But it really isn't clear to me what use I'd
> have for the APEX aperture value by itself.

In that case I guess it's best to rename the f-number label as proposed, but
remove the APEX aperture value from the interface.

If we really want though, we can get EV values: Adding the required fields to
compute EV values to the exif database can be done similarly as the gps data
in a way that doesn't occur a cost to people that don't use the feature.

Cheers,
  Johannes